CCT is exactly what it says it is:
- Aligns therapy modalities to each situation and each client.
- In trying to help, we should utilize everything in our knowledge base to help them.
- Aligning interventions to our clients’ relevant domains of values, principles, and behaviors.
- [See below for a listing of types of therapeutic approaches that are integrated and applied to each situation as needed dependent upon clients’ needs, values, and beliefs.]
- An all encompassing term that reminds us that we are ready and willing to change.
- Change from whatever/wherever we are, to whatever/wherever we want to be.
- Change because we will whether we want to or not… so do it on our terms.
Cognitive & Behavioral
- Based on how we think (cognitive), behave, and feel (see * for sub-disciplines).
- *[Motivational Interviewing, DBT – Dialectal Behavior Therapy , REBT – Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy]
Psychoanalytical & Psychodynamic
- Based on our unconscious thoughts and perceptions usually developed throughout their childhood.
- Many clients have experience and success with new and innovative approaches (see *), and accordingly, we are happy to accommodate their requests in putting together an individualized plan that works best for them.
- *[Neuro Linguistic Programming – NLP, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy – EMDR, Acupressure/Acupuncture, Massage, Hypnosis, Chiropractic, Energy Healing, Chi, Hypnosis, Deep Breathing & Movement (Yogic), etc… & Positive Psychology – see below]
- Based on self-development, phases of growth and maturity.